I read this tutorial on how to use your Kindle as a display for your Raspberrypi link, and I thought why not use an Android phone as display and use usb ports on the Raspberry Pi for keyboard and mouse.
Things you'll need:
- Android phone
- A Raspberry pi
What we'll do:
- We will install VNC on Android, I am using pocketvnc
- Then, we will use USB tethering on Android and connect it to Raspberry pi using USB
- Then in the Raspberry pi we will install x11vnc (sudo apt-get install x11vnc) so that we can connect to an exisiting X-Window server and share it using vnc, so that we can use keyboard and mouse connected to raspberry pi.
- Change the ip address of raspbery pi sudo ifconfig usb0 192.168.42.10 (Because android assing IP in USB tether mode in the range 192.168.42.x)
- Start the X-Server (if you have not started it alerady) using the startx command.
- The share it using x11vnc, type the following command in the terminal: ***sudo x11vnc -display : 0
- Then connect to your raspberry pi to Android using the VNC software you have downloaded: port 5900 and IP 192.168.42.10
I know it is not very detialed tutorial and a bit crude, I will soon post a detialed one with images and video. Also we could automate a lot stuff on startup using .bash_profile so that we don't have to type in these commands everytime. I'll post all this in the next update.
I would love to hear about you suggestions in the comments. Thanks
(Please excuse the typos, I am very excited about this and I want to post it online ASAP, so I am not profreading it.)